Feb 24, 2009
Vice President of Technology
The Position -
Veeco Compound Semiconductor is looking for a strategic and tactical senior leader to help set and drive our vision. This person will be responsible for a $10M lab and will manage and inspire a group of 30+ highly-educated and technologically seasoned engineers. Our ideal candidate will have 5 + years of hand-on technical development experience in the areas of vacuum deposition and epitaxial growth along with extended experience in progressively responsible senior level management of R&D operations, process development and engineering staff.
The Role -
- Develop a strategy and provide strategic leadership for engineering teams
· Drive new product pipeline that delivers sustained, profitable growth
- Ensure that all product designs meet or conform to the required specifications as well as the design and performance standards of the Process Equipment Division
- Direct the concept design, simulation, optimization and verification of products developed, including the specification and application of design capture and simulation tools.
- Lead Engineering projects through all product development phases from concept to manufacturing transfer, to include product release reviews, product documentation, and timely generation of Bills of Materials; working closely with Marketing throughout the process.
- Ensure cost control and schedule performance of engineering tasks associated with product design and development.
- Manage design and development activities toward meeting system target cost objectives.
- Support cross-functional system cost reduction and quality improvement activities, including selection and review of suppliers, review of field failure data, and cost analysis reviews.
- Partner with Marketing for new product development, design reviews, and actively participate in Product Life Cycle planning: contributing to the product definition and specification and prototype testing, and leading the effort to define process recipes and protocols.
- Facilitate technical support to the sales organization, including sales presentations, customer consulting and participation in customer demonstrations.
- Expert level of mastery of engineering aspects of compound semiconductors
- Recognized as an expert in the field and technical community.
- Knowledge of compound semiconductor device physics, processing application and design of complex scientific process equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to speak before large groups.
- Masters Degree in Engineering PhD preferred
- Ten years experience in a semiconductor equipment, capital equipment environment or semiconductor priced technology
- Specific experience in product development in semiconductor capital equipment
- Experience leading engineering teams
This post is currently not approved for public viewing.