Feb 08, 2012
Solar Research Director
Open to Location
Solarbuzz is a leading global provider of retail market research focused on the supply chain within the solar industry. Solarbuzz has a global team of analysts who produce a valued suite of market forecasts, technology assessments, surveys, studies and analysis for the solar energy and industry (www.Solarbuzz.com).
Solarbuzz is part of The NPD Group, the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Solarbuzz works in collaboration with DisplaySearch and In-Stat to offer a true end-to-end view of the supply chain for photovoltaics (PV), displays, and other electronics, from materials and components to shipments and sales through consumer and commercial channels.
A new Solar Research Director position is being created following exceptional growth in the PV market research offered by Solarbuzz. The Solar Research Director will manage a team of highly experienced and respected PV research analysts focused on demand-based industry trends and forecasts, and will report to the VP/Team Leader for solar research.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role within the organization, as Solarbuzz continues to expand its research offerings to meet the needs of the growing PV industry.
- Lead a global team of field analysts in managing demand trends and forecasts for the solar PV industry
- Deliver downstream research that feeds into a range of Solarbuzz reports and consulting activities
- Be the focal point for understanding PV policy changes and their effect on global market growth projections
- Manage the downstream PV product roadmap
- Contribute to the strategic direction of corporate sales and marketing activities
- Contribute to the knowledge and market intelligence of the PV demand value-chain and the overall supply/demand balance
- Engage with customers on market trends impacting on different PV growth scenarios
- Speak at global industry events and contribute to Solarbuzz media presence
- Must have a demonstrated track-record in successfully managing and motivating a remote team of individuals, located globally
- 5+ years working in the PV industry
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to understand the needs of clients, and to use this to define the scope of reports and databases that are marketable to the PV industry
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret data
- Should possess a university degree; engineering or business degree desirable
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently with effective time management and a proactive approach
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
The NPD Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.