The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), located in beautiful Golden, CO, is a leader in the U.S. Department of Energy’s effort to secure an energy future for the nation that is environmentally and economically sustainable. Our mission is to develop renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and practices, advance related science and engineering and transfer knowledge and innovations to address the nation’s energy and environmental goals.
Principal Scientist - National Center for Photovoltaics
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Golden, Colorado is the nation’s primary laboratory for research, development and deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies. NREL has an immediate need for highly motivated senior scientist who wants to work at the forefront of photovoltaic technology development within The National Center for Photovoltaics (NCPV).
Please submit a position-specific COVER LETTER along with your resume.
While this specific opportunity is targeting a senior scientist, more junior applicants would be considered. A background in areas such as high rate roll-roll manufacturing, device modeling and simulation, or advanced device and module characterization would be particularly attractive, although not necessarily required.
Required Education and Experience
Relevant PhD and 15 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience.
Or, relevant Master's Degree and 18 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience.
Or, relevant Bachelor's Degree and 20 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. Viewed as an international expert within the field.
Demonstrates leadership of complex technical projects. Project management competence. Demonstrated management of complex and/or high impact projects. Outstanding technical writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Experience working with or within the photovoltaics business sector.
• Accomplished scientific background as evidenced by publication and presentation record.
• Solid understanding of intellectual property stewardship.
• Established reputation within the PV community.
• Previous Principal Investigator and/or grant management experience with excellent proposal writing skills.
• A background in managing and delivering on research grants and contracts.
• Excellent management background that includes strong people skills as evidenced by a previous successful history.
• Ability to build relationships based upon mutual trust and respect.
• Great communication skills.
• High levels of trust and integrity.
• Previous National Lab experience.
• Experience working with the U.S. Department of Energy.
• Knowledge of and experience with NREL.
EEO Policy / E-Verify
NREL's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
NREL validates right to work using E-Verify. NREL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please click here http://www.nrel.gov/employment/eeo.html.
Pre-employment drug testing required.
Please include a cover letter specific to each position you are applying to indicating how you match the requirements of the posting.