This is an exciting opportunity to join GT Solar as an integral part of the Marketing team to review (aggregate and analyze) market research (market reports, competitive analyses, macroeconomic reports) and report on the polysilicon, photovoltaic, and sapphire end market trends by region and product lines, providing concise and accurate summaries of corporate to industry performance.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Provides periodic forecasts to GT Solar management about the growth of the photovoltaic market, with special emphasis on multi and mono crystalline wafers, as well as the sapphire market with special emphasis on the LED segment.
· Performs market and industry opportunity analyses, including market segmentation and profitability studies; complete market research / customer trends analyses.
· Supports development of strategic business development plans by assessing market data and trends.
· Identifies opportunities for growth as well as emerging threats and makes strategic business recommendations to the executive team.
· Creates and maintains detailed customer and competitor profiles with input from marketing and technical staff, public sources, research reports, and third-party data services.
· Briefs internal stakeholders and prepares presentations for specific assignments.
· Provides ad-hoc research for business development managers, senior management and project leaders.
· Publishes regular updates on market conditions to track company progress.
· Analyzes legislation in global regions to support business forecasts.
· Conducts market research and recommends product/service modifications, improvements or approaches.
· Report on adjacent or complementary industry trends, specifically downstream equipment, controls and processes.
· Must be able to develop a strong working relationship with other areas i.e. marketing, sales, manufacturing, research and development, information technology, market research, including all levels of the organization.
· Must have knowledge and ability to analyze of financial statements.
· Must have good written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
· Must be pro-active and a self-starter.
· Must pay rigorous attention to detail, meticulous and accurate.
· Must have knowledge and ability to identify and analyze market opportunities.
· Must be able to address new situations and handle multiple tasks
- MBA or advanced Finance degree with focus on international business preferred.
- Strong financial and analytical skills as well as exceptional communication skills.
· 2-3 yrs experience with financial firm (Ibank, VC or PE)
· Minimum of 3 years experience in the clean energy, solar or LED space
- Must have working knowledge of CapIQ or related tools.
- Up to 30%
- travel required (to trade shows, etc.)
During our more than 15 years serving the solar power industry, GT Solar has developed a global reputation as a provider of value-added process design expertise and high quality equipment.
This reputation, coupled with our in-depth technical know-how, service capabilities and industry-leading technology, has enabled GT Solar to establish relationships with many of the worlds most influential photovoltaic manufactures. As a result, we are today a global market leader in polysilicon reactors and converters, and multi-crystalline furnaces essential technologies for the production of solar cells and panels. We are also delivering premium standalone and turnkey solutions for every process involved in the photovoltaic (PV) manufacturing chain.
GT Solar has recently achieved some significant milestones. We ended our 2009 fiscal year with record revenue of $541 million. During fiscal year 2009, we shipped our 1,000th Directional Solidification System (DSS) furnace and installed our first new 48-rod reactor; opened a new photovoltaic equipment manufacturing facility, nearly doubling our capacity; and, became a public company, trading on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol SOLR.
Some things, however, never change. GT Solar remains committed to the core principles on which our success was built: provide customers with comprehensive services, best-in-class delivery, and productivity-improving technology. These very principles will allow GT Solar to help the solar industry achieve cost parity with conventional power sources, and enable our customers to bring solar energy to the masses.