GT Solar International, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOLR), a leading global provider of polysilicon production technology, crystalline ingot growth systems and related photovoltaic manufacturing services for the solar industry, has recently acquired Crystal Systems, Inc., a crystalline growth technology company that manufactures high-quality, large area sapphire substrates used in the LED, defense, medical and aerospace industries. This strategic acquisition marks our entry into a fast paced, high-growth LED market. In parallel with our current expansion of Crystal Systems’ manufacturing operations, we are beginning plans to commercialize a merchant sapphire production equipment offering.
GT Solar is seeking an energetic, highly-organized individual with great communication skills to join our team as product champion for our Sapphire Production Equipment. The successful candidate will help prepare and maintain a marketing support program for our sapphire equipment product lines and will coordinate implementation with multiple functional teams including technical services, engineering and field sales organization. The ideal candidate will provide marketing assistance to field personnel and customers during the early life of new products and post release.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Owns and maintains GT’s Sapphire Equipment Roadmap
· Directs the development of product requirements for Sapphire process equipment product lines
· Helps develop product strategy definition, marketing requirements analysis, and pricing
· Monitors the development of business plans, managing lifecycles, and product positioning in the marketplace.
· Able to boil down broad concepts and business strategies into very specific, structured product marketing plans
· Conducts relevant market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs.
· Establishes product-specific strategic positioning strategies.
· Interacts with engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance the competitiveness of existing product(s).
· Serves as marketing’s member of GT’s core team for product developments
· Expert in the functional requirements contributing to GT’s stage gate process
· Participate in voice of the customer (VoC) programs related to new product development programs.
· Maintain a high level of professionalism to internal, domestic and international clients and customers.
·Prepare and coordinate marketing support programs and product launches. Contribute to planning and creation of advertising and promotional materials. Work with GT marketing communications to produce technical bulletins and newsletters.
·Keep informed about developments in the sapphire industry as they apply to the company's future strategic marketing plans.
·Provide sales technical training for sales staff. Work with field sales staff to develop training requirements and sales tools required to introduce new products and sales campaigns for all or part of product line. Make presentations to customers.
·Understand all maintenance, performance and advantages of GT Solar’s sapphire production product lines. Understand technical aspects of GT Solar’s and competitive products.
·Monitor field test and marketing introduction programs.
·Maintain regular communications with technical services on problems with instruments and reagents within the product line.
· Other duties as needed or assigned.
· Action Orientation / Initiative
· Communication Skills (Presentation & Written)
· Organization Skills
· Strategic Agility & Planning
· Business Acumen
· Approachability & Internal Customer Focus
· A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Business Administration or marketing discipline, or equivalent. However, an MBA is preferred.
· A minimum of five years in product management for a capital equipment company, preferably in semiconductor or solar production equipment.
· A minimum five years experience in sales or marketing.
· Good knowledge of planning processes and procedures.
· Good MS Office skills (excellent Excel skills). Strong working knowledge of MRP systems (prefer SAP).
· Good time management skills and multi-tasking skills, to successfully complete a variety of basic job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
· Good organizational skills and detail orientation, to maintain accurate planning records in an optimal manner.
· Good problem solving skills for solving and implementing solutions when they arise.
· Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, to regularly interact with and provide updates on progress to peers, and members of the management team.
· Prior sales experience and industry technical knowledge is preferred.
· Up to 50% travel required with emphasis on Asia-Pacific region.
During our more than 15 years serving the solar power industry, GT Solar has developed a global reputation as a provider of value-added process design expertise and high quality equipment.
This reputation, coupled with our in-depth technical know-how, service capabilities and industry-leading technology, has enabled GT Solar to establish relationships with many of the worlds most influential photovoltaic manufactures. As a result, we are today a global market leader in polysilicon reactors and converters, and multi-crystalline furnaces essential technologies for the production of solar cells and panels. We are also delivering premium standalone and turnkey solutions for every process involved in the photovoltaic (PV) manufacturing chain.
GT Solar has recently achieved some significant milestones. We ended our 2009 fiscal year with record revenue of $541 million. During fiscal year 2009, we shipped our 1,000th Directional Solidification System (DSS) furnace and installed our first new 48-rod reactor; opened a new photovoltaic equipment manufacturing facility, nearly doubling our capacity; and, became a public company, trading on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol SOLR.
Some things, however, never change. GT Solar remains committed to the core principles on which our success was built: provide customers with comprehensive services, best-in-class delivery, and productivity-improving technology. These very principles will allow GT Solar to help the solar industry achieve cost parity with conventional power sources, and enable our customers to bring solar energy to the masses.