Oct 06, 2010
Manager Sales Molybdenum
Sales & Marketing
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
Manager Sales Molybdenum - Sahuarita, Arizona
Develop, market and sell Climax Molybdenum Company's products and services to major accounts by contacting established customers and by developing new markets. Develop market segment expertise (industry drivers, supply chains, competition) and use that knowledge to guide new product development and portfolio growth/profitability.
- Drive organizational alignment and portfolio profitability/growth by creating and utilizing Marketing Business Plans
- Understands customer needs/wants and collaborates with product development team to translate these customer requirements into agreed upon product specifications and a product offering
- Develop product offering to the market through; building customer relations, understanding detailed technical and business requirements, attending trade shows, initiating appropriate advertisements arrangements and by using market assessments
- Develop, understand and monitor; appropriate goals, milestones, project timelines and deliverables in order to bring new products to market
- Form price strategies based on cost/value, with emphasis on competitive information and value analysis. Negotiate required Commercial details (e.g. price, term and conditions)
- Establish a detailed understanding of the customer's manufacturing process and assist them in applying our products to their process. Quantify the benefits of our products vs. alternatives
- Sell Climax Molybdenum company products and services
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or other relevant technical discipline for the market segment (Metallurgy, Chemical engineering, Electrical engineering or materials science preferred)
- Five (5) years experience related marketing, sales or operations experience in Molybdenum industry or electronic sputtering target market.
- Strong analytical skills including commercial analysis and justification
- Proven project/program management
- Strong computer skills: proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated history of working with limited supervision while delivering measurable results
- Goal driven and able to work well within team
- Proven customer interface skills including successful experience forming relationships with senior management
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Advanced degree in relevant technical discipline and MBA
- Experience marketing and selling specialty chemicals preferred (vs. general or commodity chemicals), particularly catalysts, lubricants, water treatment
- Previous experience with major oil or chemical company (e.g. Shell, Exxon, Huntsman, Dow) preferred
- Successful Sales Management experience
- ERP and Business Objects experience desirable
- Stage-gate development desirable
- Willing to work from fully equipped home office but be located in Tucson area, tied to CTC
- Significant travel - as much as 70%
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please apply online at: www.fcx.com/careers; select “Professional & Administrative Jobs”; enter Job ID 1002659.
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing. Freeport-McMoRan is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.